Monday, June 21, 2010

Should I uninstal AVG free edition or did a different company get hacked?

Just read an article that AVG antivirus has been hacked. Is this actually AVG or is it some other company. Conflicting information here in cyberland...



Should I uninstal AVG free edition or did a different company get hacked?vista



You can keep AVG if you want to. The company that was hacked was Indian ompany AVSoft, not GriSoft.



http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20080209...



Should I uninstal AVG free edition or did a different company get hacked?antispyware



no avg is fine is was AvSoft that got hacked keep avg ive used it for years



ps i tested onecare for myself and i failed to pick up any of the viruses installed avg picked up the lot
I have used AVG Anti Virus, Zone Alarm Firewall, Spy-bot Search and Destroy and Ad Aware both spyware killers for years. They are all free for personal use and I have had no trouble with Viruses Trojans etc. AVG does not slow the system down as much as some other products and Zone Alarm allows a lot of personal configuration unlike the Windows Firewall. They can all be downloaded from the following linkhttp://www.computeractive.co.uk/. On the home page select downloads and then the appropriate category.I also use Windows Defender from the Microsoft site. It is safe to use two anti-spy products but never use more than one A/V as it can cause conflicts. You should run A/V and anti spy weekly. Hope this helps
My AVG is fine... I have been using it for more than two years. No problems on my side!

No comments:

Post a Comment