Monday, June 21, 2010

I am on the never ending hunt for a good freeware antivirus software, where is it and what is it cal

I don't like to pay $40 a year for the name brands and I have tried a majority of the free ware, but I am open to suggestions.



I am on the never ending hunt for a good freeware antivirus software, where is it and what is it called?virus protection



I know how you feel, I have been in your hunt before. It took me 2 months to finish it!! But now I feel that I have maximum security, as far as freeware goes. I was amazed at how the popular AVG rates very poorly among it's competitors, free and paid. I would recommend Avira AntiVir, or Active Virus Shield.



I am on the never ending hunt for a good freeware antivirus software, where is it and what is it called?agv



I agree, I have used AVG for years as well.
I have also used Avast Home edition in the past. I did not have any problems.



On a side note, a good firewall (free: ZoneAlarm) and safe computing (installing programs you know you want/need) can solve most problems.
In addition to AVG Free, there is ClamWin. If you want to pay for it, I highly recommend Kaspersky.
AVG is great i've been using it for years.
I have never had problems with AVG free. I think it's a wonderful product and works fine for every single PC I've ever used it on (at least 20).



It's very good at staying up to date and has everything you should need.

No comments:

Post a Comment